- Presented Paper at WSTSC Annual Conference at Ottawa ,Canada on Zero Mortality in 300 consecutive CABG Cases.
- Presented a paper on End Stage Valvular Heart Disease at Annual Conference of Heart Valve Society at NEW YORK, USA in 2012.
- Worked in three Best cardiac Institutes of North India to gain rich experience in all fields of Cardiac Surgery. This is supplemented with annual visits to two major conferences in USA and Europe every year for first hand experience of the latest techniques and could replicate them here in practice as one of few first ones to do it….
- Started my career and worked as Attending Cardiac Surgeon at Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi immediately after completing M.Ch and got the valuable and high quality experience in Coronary and Valvular work along with the state of art protocols in cardiac care (1992-94). It was rich experience specially in the grooming years of my carrier.
- From there got into another Cardiac Institute of National repute. Batra Hospital, New Delhi where I learnt the tender aspect of critical care and a very good exposure to Pediatric cardiac surgery. This institute was recognized for candidates doing Diplomat of National Boards in Cardiac surgery.(1994-95).
- After getting the rich experience. I was selected on the faculty of PGIMER, Chandigarh as Assistant professor and this experience helped me in starting the Coronary Bypass Program at PGI and helped planning the surgical side of a 200 bedded upcoming Cardiac center. Here I got to do all types of cardiac surgery independently with good results (1995-1997). Did good academic work and published good amount of papers in international and national journals.
- Moved from PGI to the third best institute Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi as Associate Consultant and helped the team in bringing up their program to full bloom in terms of volume. Learnt a lot in corporate culture.
- Along side got the opportunity to setup a Cardiac Center first of its kind in Chandigarh City hospital and Heart Care Center and was the founder Director(medical)and the Sr.Consultant Cardiac Surgeon of this institute May1998-March2000) and was responsible for the planning , execution, installation of all the equipment and its commissioning thereby bringing Chandigarh on map of Cardiac Surgery in private sector. ( Here I performed all types of coronary Bypass Surgeries with arterial grafts and in very sick subset of patients like cardiogenic shock and achieved a success rate of 98%. Also my work here included repair of congenital cardiac defects. The patient class included top VIPs of the City.
- Worked as the Chief Cardiac Surgeon at Malhotra Heart Institute, New Delhi an NRI owned Heart Institute. (1st April,2000-June, 2003). With everybody’s help and God’s grace, did a good quality work, which brought the institute a lot of recognition. Operated upon a very sick Pakistani baby and lot of foreign nationals including the Ambassadors of other countries. This was highlighted in media a number of times. Started the Pediatric program of this institute and operated upon children from Pakistan, Bangladesh and work revolved around VSD, ASD, Tetrology of Fallot, TAPVC, DORV with LSVC, Partial AV Canal Organized many CMEs with IMA and Heart care Foundation Dr HK Chopra in the hospital conference room. As the promoters decided to move back to USA so accepted the opportunity at FORTIS.
Worked as Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon at a state of art Cardiac Center Fortis Hospitals (Super-specialty in Heart) at Mohali, Chandigarh, a Ranbaxy promoted Group.(1st July,03 to July2008). This institute has a tie up with Partners group USA and top hospitals in Boston. My work here revolved around primarily CABGs, Valves and Simple congenital cardiac surgeries. Also I was engaged in peripheral vascular surgeries to some extent. Has the distinction of doing maximum work in CABG in acute MI Situation with excellent results …a work presented at Lahore conference in March, 05. I presented my work data on beating heart surgeries at international platform in Canada on the eve of 16th world congress of WSCTS and it won the first prize of Travel awards.
Worked as Head, Dept. of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, at Alchemist Hospital, Sector 21 ,Panchkula (Haryana ) India. This center was created from grassroot level to a point of utmost credibility in terms of personalised quality heart care with excellent result. In last 3 years 550 cases of open heart surgery including CABG, valve replacement, repair of by birth defects were dealt with high success rate of 98% .
Worked as Senior Director & Head of Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Max Super-Speciality Hospital,Phase 6, Mohali, India.A state of the art 200 bedded hospital in Public private partnership. Founder head of this Department. Now working as Director and Head Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery at Ojas Superspeciality Hospital Sector 26 Panchkula.